Joining the Sailing Club is easy! We offer membership for all undergraduate and graduate students and faculty and staff of the University of Texas at Austin. No previous sailing experience is required.
Become a member in 5 steps:
- Fill out the UTSC Online Registration form to receive email notification for weekly sails and other events
- Fill out a UT Sport Club Association membership packet on Hornslink needed to attend any UTSC event and forward your confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the AYC/UTSC Liability Release Form and turn it in at any official event (we will provide these forms at Saturday Sails)
- Request to join the club on HornsLink
- Pay semester or annual membership dues
- Unlimited access to regular Saturday Sails for the semester
- Unlimited access to boats and equipment for which you have attained checkout certification
- Discounted sailing education and certification through US Sailing, NauticEd, and other premier programs
- Bring up to three unpaid guests to club events or when you use your checkout
- Invitation to club events such as camping trips, holiday parties, and offshore regattas
Dues can be paid to the club Commodore, Vice-Commodore, or Treasurer at any official UTSC event. We offer three dues categories:
- $10 Non-Member – try out the club without committing to the full membership, only for your first sail with the club
- $60 Semester Membership – August to December in the Fall, January to July in the Spring
- $100 Annual Membership – August to August
We can accept cash, check, or Venmo (@UTSailing) for payment. Dues can also be paid online through the RecSports Store from August 22 to October 2 and December 5 to February 12. We recommend that you pay your dues earlier in the semester/year so as to make full use of your membership benefits. Furthermore, the deadline for inclusion on the RecSports membership roster is September 23 in the Fall and late January in the Spring (although this is only for RecSports’ purposes, you can become a UTSC member at any time).
Please email email@example.com with questions about your UTSC membership.